The Leadership Austin staff is ecstatic over the great response to our kick-off Engage Breakfast series, which takes place tomorrow, Oct. 6. It's a sellout! More than 220 seats have been reserved on the stage of Dell Hall at the Long Center for the Performing Arts.
We believe that our new venue, along with a timely topic and stellar panel of speakers has generated a lot of interest.
The season kicks off with a timely and thought-provoking theme: “ATXpansion: Central Texas Grows toward the Future.” What are the cautions and benefits of our current growth curve? Our panelists will address the constraints and opportunities at large from the perspective of healthcare, education, and government.
Expert Panel Members Include:
- Jesus Garza - Executive Vice President/COO, Seton Family of Hospitals
- William Powers - President, The University of Texas at Austin
- Senator Kirk Watson - Texas State Senate, District 14
KXAN Austin News, a new partner for this year’s series, will provide the moderators for all eight events. Anchor Robert Hadlock will serve as the Oct. 6 moderator.
As always, the discussion will be interactive. Using a live-polling feature, we'll be asking the audience to text their responses to a series of questions. If you'll be there, here's a preview:
- Besides our local economy, what is the most important need Central Texas faces when it comes to future expansion?
- Community leaders have recently called for establishing a medical school in Austin within the next 10 years. What is the most important benefit of having a medical school in Central Texas?
- What is the one thing you would do today that would lead to an improved quality of life in Austin, Texas?
The responses to the last question will be only be posted here, so come back and share in the dialogue. Importantly, we invite you to become engaged in the topic and make a difference.