When we discussed education in Central Texas back in February, panelist Denise Trauth answered that question by encouraging ENGAGE attendees to donate a book to a local school to promote early reading. Sitting in the audience that day was Dr. Suzanne Burke, Associate Superintendent for Academics at Austin ISD, who took this call-to-action to heart. Since then, Dr. Burke has worked with her colleagues at AISD to create and coordinate new "Leadership Austin inspired" book drives for Dobie Pre-K Center and Webb Primary School!
If you'd like to contribute, here's how it works:
- Take a look at the wish lists for Dobie and Webb.
- Purchase a book from the list at Book People or the Sunset Valley Barnes and Noble between now and May 27.
- Deliver your book to the campus, or leave it at the store and it will be delivered to your desired school during the week of May 27.
- If you choose to leave your book at the store, please fill out this certificate and place it inside the cover to make sure it gets to the right place.
- That's it! It's so easy, why not take a trip to the bookstore today?
How has Leadership Austin inspired your work in the community? Let us know via Facebook, Twitter or the blog comments below... we'd love to share your story as well!