UPDATE I: Read a recap of the event from Community Impact News
UPDATE II: Watch KXAN's recap and coverage of the breakfast
|October 2012 ENGAGE on stage at the Long Center|
This breakfast was also a KXAN Town Hall, which was streamed live online and which will be broadcast on the KXAN network beginning at 7:00 pm Friday, October 19. We'll be updating this post with recaps and media coverage as it becomes available, but in the meantime we have the full audio podcast of the event below:
Don't forget! Election Day is November 6 and early voting in Travis County begins October 22. Take a look at the City of Austin's Charter Propositions page or the Austin League of Women Voters' ballot guide for a primer on the wide range of initiatives this election is covering.
Many thanks to our panel, moderators, sponsors and partners for a great event and what is sure to be another important and informative ENGAGE Breakfast Series. Join us for our next breakfast Wednesday, November 14 as we discuss Central Texas's growing veteran population and how our region is supporting them and their families.
We hope to see you there!
October 2012 ENGAGE Panelists and Moderators
- Mike Clark-Madison - Vice President of Public Policy and Research, Hahn, Texas
- Sheryl Cole - Councilmember and Mayor Pro Tem, City of Austin
- Betty Dunkerley - Former Councilmember and Mayor Pro Tem, City of Austin
- Regina Lawrence - Director, The Annette Strauss Institute for Civic Life
- Terry Mitchell - President, Momark Development
- Tom Pauken - Commissioner Representing Employers, Texas Workforce Commission
- Ross Ramsey - Executive Director, The Texas Tribune
- Jason Stanford - Founder and CEO, Stanford Campaigns
- Moderated by KXAN-TV Anchors Robert Hadlock and Leslie Rhode